- Newcastle Community Tourism Association membership runs from January – December yearly.
- Membership should be renewed every November by completing a brand new application form, notice of which is given.
- Brand new members to the organisation pay a pro–rata rate when joining from October onwards.
- Existing members on renewal pay the full price.
- Cancellation of membership must be indicated by completing a cancellation form.
Tour guides & operators
- On joining all legal documentation must be included.
It is imperative that all 3 steps are completed
- Please ensure all legal requirements have been completed upon joining.
Obtain Special Consent From Newcastle Municipality
- Usually takes between 3 to 4 months
- They will then circulate the application for special consent to the Health Department, who will then come to check the B&B to see if it conforms to regulations.
STEP 2 – Annual membership
Register with Newcastle Community Tourism Association
- 034 315 3318
STEP 3 – Annual membership
Tourism establishments are reminded that registration with Tourism KwaZulu-Natal (TKZN) has been taken over by the Department of Economic Development and Tourism (DED), headquartered in Pietermaritzburg. The following points are important: the copy of the owner’s ID must be certified and seven photos of an establishment must be supplied on CD or e-mailed to ZunguST@kznded.gov.za:.Tourism product owners who have already paid their registration fees to TKZN will be accepted, but in future must be paid over to the DED. Once the four-page registration form has been completed and submitted, payment must be paid and proof of payment either faxed to: 0862758378, posted to Sthembiso Zungu or Nokukhanya Dlamini at P/Bag X 9152, Pietermaritzburg, 3200 or hand delivered to 217 Burger Street, Calder House, Pietermaritzburg, 3201. Contact no: 033 264 9316.
According to regulations that were promulgated on 13 May 2004 under section 32(f) and (i) of the KwaZulu-Natal Tourism Authority Amendment Act, 2002, certain tourism related enterprises may voluntarily register with Tourism KwaZulu-Natal , if they have not done so already. However, in terms of these regulations registration is mandatory for enterprises whose primary object is to provide services and facilities to tourists in the province of KwaZulu-Natal.
|Product Owners||All accommodation establishments
|Schools, Clubs & Societies,
Small Businesses, NGO’s
|Youth – Individuals under 25 years of age||